Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!


Greetings New York!

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays. This will likely be my last post of the year (and of the decade!), so I wanted to use it as an opportunity to share with you the words of William Arthur Ward:

“Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”

Midnight will bring carry us into another new year. Think back on the last year and the last decade. Consider the choices you have made and the challenges you have faced, but do not let yourself feel regret for any missteps or for any lost opportunity. Instead, look forward to the countless opportunities resting in the days ahead of you, and strive each day to be your best. I wish you and your families all the best in the New Year!

-Governor Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment